Growing duckweed is fun, rewarding, and very easy. Your fish will thank you.
- 1 Cup of Duckweed (Lemna Minor) Lemna Minor is 48% protein
- It is a super-food for your fish, ducks, poultry and livestock
- Our duckweed is 100% organic – chemical and snail free
- Growing Instructions: Upon receiving your duckweed immediately take it out of the packaging and place it in non-chlorinated water with a Ph between 5.5 and 7.0. There are multiple options for fertilizing your duckweed such as fish waste, compost or pond plant food. Duckweed needs sufficient light (whether fluorescent or sunlight) to live healthy and reproduce at the maximum rate.
- Place your duckweed where it will get at least 8 hours of light per day. However, if grown outdoors some shade may be required in the heat of summer in southern states. If provided ideal conditions your duckweed will reproduce extremely rapidly. You will always have duckweed to feed you fish or use as a natural filter.