Black Matala is the coarsest (least dense) of the 4 standard colors of Matala.
The open, highly aerobic 3 dimensional structure of Matala Filter Media promotes healthy water conditions and ease of cleaning in a wide variety of filter designs. This is simply the most effective, longest lasting, crush resistant filter material available today! You’ll see it featured in every major Pond and Koi and Fish Care Magazine. It is a vast improvement over the OEM filter mats standard with most filters/skimmers today and a fantastic upgrade for any brand filter or skimmer! Easily trims to fit multiple skimmers and filters.
Features: A choice of densities allow for step-wise transition from mechanical to biological filtration Excellent surface area per sq. ft. with good adhesion of nitrifying bacteria. A high number of interstitial spaces in the tri-dimensional matrix of the filter media improves an early and even growth of bacteria. High free volume for smooth, even water flow throughout. Very resistant to plugging and easy cleaning. Mats are self-supporting, form-stable, rigid and non-brittle. Easy to cut to fit with a Heavy duty Scissors, utility knife, circular saw or jig saw! Non-toxic to the environment. Light weight. Versatile and durable. Lasts for many years- 6+ (2-5 times longer than ANY other mat on the market!)
Measures: 14″ x 24″ x 1.5″ thick.
- The open, highly aerobic tri-dimensional structure of Matala Filter Media promotes healthy water conditions
- Provides ease of cleaning in a wide variety of filter designs.
- Black Matala is the coarsest (least dense) of the 4 standard colors of Matala.
- Versatile and durable. Lasts for many years -2-5 times longer than other media.
- Measures: 14″ x 24″ x 1.5″ thick